the Industrial and project inspections department of asco international provides the services below:
1. Inspection of industrial goods
Providing relevant certificates and reports for the approval of materials and equipment is one of the activities of asco. The company provides inspection certificates and reports based on the compliance of materials and equipment with international standards or customer requirements. Such inspections are carried out in factories, sites of ports inside and outside the country.
The scope of inspection activities depending on the nature and scope of the project, and also the importance and sensitivity of the equipment, materials, and technical areas, can be classified into the following categories:
- Seaworthiness, packing, and marking inspection
- Vendor shop inspection and test
- Loading supervision
- Price verification inspection
- Pre-shipment inspection
- Sampling and analysis
2. Technical shop inspection
In various industries such as oil, gas, petrochemical, mining, and power plants, large projects require purchasing numerous equipment from different manufacturers. The quality of each of these pieces of equipment is critical to the project. To ensure quality, the raw materials to the final product are inspected at the manufacturer’s location.
Inspections during equipment manufacturing can include raw materials inspection, visual inspection, NDT inspection, and monitoring of mechanical and functional tests. To maintain the quality of equipment according to the client requirements, asco international performs technical shop inspections during the construction of equipment based on the scopes below:
Performing in-process and commissioning inspection for types of equipment including but not limited to”
- Pressure vessels, heat exchangers, reactors, boilers, furnaces, storage tanks, industrial pumps, pipes, bridges, cranes, turbines, compressors, fiber tanks and pipelines, construction projects, industrial machinery
- Steel structures inspection
- Inspection of transmission and process pipelines
Coating and Insulations Inspection
- Sandblasting shot blasting
- Painting, Cladding, Metal Spray
- Cathodic Protection
Corrosion control and material protection
- Monitoring of metallography test.
- Corrosion Analysis
- Failure Analysis
- Mechanical Property
- Chemical Composition
Weld, NDT, Advanced NDT
- Phased array UT
- Long-Range Ultrasonic (Guided Wave UT)
- Acoustic Emission
- Digital Radiography (DRT)
- Eddy Current Testing (ECT)
- Low-Frequency Electromagnetic Technique (LFET)
- Saturated Low-Frequency Eddy Currents (SLOFEC)
- Remote Field Eddy Current Testing (RFT)
- Risk-Based Inspection (RBI)
- Fitness for Service Assessment
- Magnetic Flux Leakage
- Metal Magnetic Memory (MMM)
- Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Fault Free Analysis
- Failure Mode, Effect, and Critically Analysis
- Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP Study)
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL Study)
3. Installation and Commissioning Inspection
These inspections include various industries, including oil, gas, petrochemical, power plant, mining, and factory construction, which are carried out to assess quality based on the construction plan accurately.
In this regard, asco International company will monitor the manufacturing and installation process from the arrival of materials and equipment until the operation and commissioning by employing experienced and specialized people and using the necessary tools and expertise, according to the standards and client requirements.
4. Operational and Overhaul Inspection
Overhaul inspection is performed to ensure the instruments’ health, need for repairs, and/or maintenance measures are taken. Periodical overhauls are performed based on the clients’ decision on a specific equipment category, depending on the application type. Such inspections and measurements are to report the condition/ after conducting overhaul inspection, safety and performance certificates are issued by asco until the next overhaul inspection
5. Construction projects
Construction Department is responsible for monitoring construction, including inspection and monitoring of the implementation of approved processes.
6. Expediting services
Expediting is one of the most important activities involved in the successful implementation of projects. This helps the manufacturing process to the project planning and minimize the delays and costs caused by the products’ unpreparedness. To monitor and track the progress and control the projects in critical situations, asco international specialists will present at the site to ensure the construction progress based on the project schedule and plan.