Iranian National Standards Organization and administration of agriculture issues standards for production, processing and distribution of “healthy food” to maintain a maximum residue limit. By the help of accredited inspection bodies, they make sure that mentioned production units are in compliance with these standards.
Agricultural pollutants, called “residues”, are substances such as heavy metals, pesticide and fertilizer residuals, and mycotoxins. Currently, for reducing and controlling these substances, regarding their dangerous effects on human body, related standards are being implemented.
Benefits of having “MRLs” certification:
- Increasing demand for certified and healthy products, thus higher price in the market
- Preserving consumer right
- Reducing production costs by standardization of input use
- Improved and sustainable yield
- Reducing toxins in soil and water
- Improving soil fertility and prevention of soil texture change
This certification is valid for 3 years and yearly inspections and report to agriculture organization are compulsory.
- Maximum residue limits of pesticides
- Maximum residue limits of nitrate
- Maximum residue limits of heavy metals
- Maximum residue limits of mycotoxins